Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rain Rain

OK,so,sorry but I know I had written more in continuation from NYC weekend ,alas where did you go? My dog didnt eat it because she's not here! She's in warm hands with the devoted Smith family.
New York was really such a dream,I mean that in the sense that it seems now placed in a far away time zone ,now its in a special category in this journey,a place of special memory,like those plastic clear round balls with the winter snow that floats around when you shake it. We were happy in the very new dimention of being in a slIp at the dock. Jeremy and his friends Hutch and Dave arrived at 7:20 am,I know Ive writen this...
So,today,Friday,I sit in under a halo of frizzy hair,in very damp surroundings. Yesterday my friend Liz cam e to pick me up at the yacht club,I had JCrew failure dress to return and loads of laundry.WE only made it to the very swank mall that Liz has a name for,apparently JLo lives near by. Why do I get pumped at the though of running into her at wholefoods?? Here Im living on a boat Im supposed to be free of superficialities ,but ,yes I like stars, I digress...There actually was some real life drama here at the SeaCliff yacht Club; a 38 foot sailboat came off its mooring in the wind and rain sometime in the wee hours this morning and ended up on the west shores,up on the beach.I heard it on the radio this morning .When the launch came to get
me around 1pm,he told me.I felt really bad,I said to David last night on the phone that I feel
responsible for watching over the other boats.I think Im the only transient,therefore,the only live aboard human in the lonely harbor.
Liz picked me up,we went shopping.I successfully returned the dress,a dress? you want to know what Im wearing this minuet?Red lond underwear,fuzzy red sox,down jacket,rain coat. I am at helm but Im getting ahead of where this blog is at.I'm doing my edits and completions....
So,we're at the mall and I get a call from Jim,at the Seacliff Yacht Club. The winds are revving and his suggestion is to get back to the club so that he could bring me back to my floaty home. The night was feisty but I held steadfast to reigning in the drama my mind could have concocted . later reports were that we had 60knot winds in that quite exposed harbor. I was glad,later that David wasn't there. Sometimes too much knowledge can make panic-mind.
I liked my solo time aboard Rhythm. When I got in the water the one warm day of the whole week with the running belt Dave and Les gave me as a parting gift,I looked to the boat and felt a warm realization,"home"

No comments:

Post a Comment