Monday, October 11, 2010

Life is a sauce de reduction

It was suggested I use this as my blog title today.I used it yesterday to describe how it is here in the close confines of living aboard. Your "buttons "are pushed on a regular basis and there is nowhere to run .Hiding in your room or roaring off in the dingy is a dramatic purge of anger and steam,however serves only to heighten the amps on the "buttons".In other words,you feel worse .Sometimes a big yell from the dingy works,especially if you have everyone's attention,like in a case where I had the front painter wrapped around the motor,they were all yelling at me about it and I started yelling back,not in response to the rope(I actually thought the rope had fallen right off and had sunk.) That rip roar , yell and spew did perpetuate some healthy discussion. Which returns to my point.You are forced to confront the horrid monsters of generations of distorted communication skills. To be true,is to know thyself and to know who you really are can take your whole life. This work in progress is at this juncture found in a condensed medium , a sailboat.
Today was outwardly beautiful but to me it was lived like a cold dark and rainy day. I didn't make the most of my day. I know there's a lesson in here somewhere.It's like interpreting a dream.
We need a new American Flag! We were aware that the flag was getting shabby but I felt Canadian embarrassment this morning when a sailboat cruised by shouting in a friendly
voice,"Goodmorning, did you know that it's a sign of distress if you fly a flag upside down?"
It's a still ,cool and warming sunny day.Last night we had turkey for dinner but Olivia declared,"Im not even going to pretend this is Thanksgiving!" I even made stuffing that I cooked in a pan,as the turkey we had was in pieces baking in our little propane oven.We spoke to some of our
farm weekend residing family and we agreed that we missed one another. I really loved knowing thatDavids Family and my Family had a Sunday lunch together

We have joined, " The Caribbean 1500", a group of cruisers who sail forth from Norfolk Virginia all the way down ,one thousand five hundred miles ,passed Bermuda to St Thomas in The BVIs .This is very advantageous for us .We need reassurance,a community.
Jeremy has committed to joining our crew,which makes us all very happy.We are also hoping Thom Ridout will commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment