Friday, October 8, 2010

Oyster Bay NY

Oh how an open sky ignites a heart to open!I saw the sun rise in a cloudless sky over the hills of sweet SeaCliff at 7:20am this morning.We have become quite fond of the boys at The SeaCliff Yacht Club,so very helpful and generous with deeds done for our benefit. On a dinner making phone chat,just like home,with Liz,I said,bye for now,but we will return.
We sailed under spinnaker for a couple of hours to this sheltered charming,typically affluent long island sound OysterBay. I google mapped the closest laundromat and movie theater.
To me,google map is astoundingly cool
To me, OysterBay is lovely.
To me,when you can switch it up,change to pleasant weather,feel the Friday of the weeks end,the battle is slightly diffused.
Joey is reading Brave New World,do you remember Aldous Huxley wrote that in 1932!!!!? It is STILL on the grade 12 curricula ! when I was reading some to Joey this morning,(the ONLY help Im allowed to offer)The Director of the human hatchery says,"Ninety six identical twins working ninety six identical machines!"..."You really know where you are .For the first time in history ". ... when I asked Joey the question that "one of the students was fool enough to ask" ,(where the advantage lay)?I included the directors line,"If we could bokanovskify indefinitely the whole problem would be solved" Which brings me back to my point,"the battle","the whole problem" of the human condition,how to control ourselves and coordinate that with "controlling " or really collaborating with one another.
So,that's the war of mad scientist vs spirit of the human essence.
Some days are sunny and clear and lots are overcast and cold
I hope this is the last blog where I use the tired old "Canadian" metaphor to let you know,
Today is a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment