Monday, October 4, 2010

In the Middle of the Atlantic Ocean

I may as well be in the middle of nowhere in my floaty home.It's like being at the cottage in October.Our cottage,where David and Jeremy and his 2hearty buddies,Pat and Dave were this weekend on Georgian Bay.They too would be wearing coats and long undies and a scarf inside,or maybe just drinking tequila .it's rainy and now it's getting dusk lit. my good friend Liz did offer to fetch me at the Yacht club but Ive been very indecisive today. I finally did some yoga and warmed up and felt creative minded.
This is my last day solo.David and my crew return very soon.They had to return our van and Joey and Olivia wanted to be on land with friends for a bit.
I've been without propane.I bought an electric kettle.I've had coffee. today I panicked,Ive got to fill the tank so that I can cook for my peeps.I spoke to David and he patiently explained ; there's a full second tank in the anchor locker ,apparently he told me!! I need an assistant,Ive always needed an assistant, help me,maybe I can find a merman to help me.
living aboard is the beginning of another process.There was first,leaving there to get here. now there is being you with all your you in another place.So? well if you want,and indeed,I do,you can reinvent the you a little,tweak you. It's really merely sifting through what you got. we've all had to do it. I've always been interested in the idea of incarceration;the freedom of not being in control.It's a little the same here.Limitations can be very liberating. I'll keep you posted as we wait out weather here on the eastern seaboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment