Friday, February 18, 2011

Sweet Spot,Passage with Waxing Moon

During a passage at night,I have often had a very interrupted sleep,fearful that I'll sleep to soundly to be woken for my shift.When it is my turn,I stumble -body often gets slammed up against a wall,all mussed up and groggy, I put on the kettle and I gather something warm for the sweet rush of night sea wind,head lamp,glasses,book and iPod -if it's working,which it ain't...I just loved hearing a miriad of podcasts,a voice to accompany and to stimulate me into wakeful alertness. So ,settle with a mug of hot chocolate,up on the white vinyl seat at the helm.Above is a white hard top,but for a square patch just over your head,there it is blue canvas and now,in the balmy south,it is gone ;just sky with flaps of sail and boom and moon and stars white on black. what a marvelous feel ing of freedom,peace,solitude. but for me,I run a narrative ,it's that innate longing to share,express a very sweet experience. It's that," THIS IS IT!!! " Its that,come look come quick,you HAVE to see this,isn't it amazing,wondrous,the flying fish,caught mid flight like a badminton birdie on the bows trampoline,the moon,coming soon to full,who needs the headlamp,check out my shadow!That must be a planet,?,or is it a mast light,?,curious,attentive,responsive,responsible me! Look! In the water,phosphorescence !I sit now,cross legged,and ride this ocean like a meditating bronco rider.It's not so quiet,the sounds,this time,this shift,are comforting;rushing water,quirky groans below,wind -strong and warm against your skin like a loving touch. That's sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment