Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cartagena," The Mother City", " The Fort of the Kingdom"

HOT
I am so very hot.This city is magnetizing as today,the first in many I have remained aboard to tidy,meditate,write. The kids and Jay are in the salt mines,at task with the finale of courses at the air-conditioned wifi cafe.David is out there,checking of boat tasks on his list.David has really reached his stride,getting a little closer in his relationship with Rhythm and her many systems.
we often compare our boat,it's set up design,our way of living within it.We then remind ourselves,many of the cruisers,or,"yachties" that we've met have years of experience and "fiddle faddle "( Trudeau,1970)
We have been here for a week and the city,the promised,"world away " we have been sailing towards,has not disappointed. This is COLUMBIA,I keep having to remind myself. Architecturally alluring,her spirit is dense,rich with life;people living with deep cultural connections and a land seductive in natural resources. To walk into Centro,the old part of the city, within the infamous walls,is infatuating.Every thing,a chair outside a doorway,the hardware and trim and Spanish details is a photo opportunity. I am personally reminded of San Miguel ,Mexico.Each doorway a fortress, a cosmos within. Hustle , bustle ,modern shops and elementary sales :street level coffee,fruit,inexplicable fried treats,sombreros,woven bracelets and bags.Little English.A lot of curiosity.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I realize I haven't posted a comment, yet! Doesn't mean I'm not reading! Thank you for updating on your adventure, but since it has been some time now since the last blog.. I really wonder how far you have come by now! You are so fast I guess you are back in Toronto before we even reach the Pacific...

    ReplyDelete