Thursday, February 24, 2011

Loss

This morning we talked about loss; Jay lost his favorite shirt and one of his own brand: his Fizikel T shirt. I lost my very best blog EVER.Joey has misplaced his wallet .We've long since lost the use of our phones for regular use and all ipods but one are mere shells of a cute and slick design.
Loss and what "person ,place or thing" can we live without? If I made a list a year ago it would look like this; I CAN'T live without:my family,my dog,my girlfriends ,my bike,my running shoes ,my phone,my iPod,my computer,my yoga stuff,my third floor room.
Then,knowing we could only take the lightest of gear my 'let go' list looked like this, I can't live without: my family,at least 3 of them, bathing suits,sunscreen and sunglasses,my iPad,my yoga stuff,iPod,10 lb weights,minimal clothing and shoes for all weather,toiletries,fruit and vegetables,A tutor for the kids,Jay!
Six months from now?
Loss feels like a violation,it feels like an assault,you feel like a helpless victim; out of control.
You get angry,you feel guilty that this,"thing" can cause you to react with such passion ,you want someone to help,tell you what to do,make it better,give you a big hug with one arm and then,with the other,produce a wrapped package with a big red bow that contains the item you have lost,had stolen,got wet .
Life is a balance and therefore,we must have some basic equality on the scales or I think we would feel perpetually gimpy.
It's hard to live in such a all space with others and know certainly or not if your personal needs,things you can't live without, are self centered or just about self care and self growth.

Water,I forgot to mention water,it is damn hot,sizzling here in the noon time harbor of Cartagena,I've just put ice cubes in my water,the sea water all around is despicably filthy and our stores of fresh water is dear,therefore ,I can live with just sitting in a bather,in the shade of our cockpit drinking water .
I look forward to natures clean beauty of the San Blas Islands coming up next.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment