Sunday, January 2, 2011

No Resolutions on Bequia

Second day in and no resolutions,well,actually ,I did say Id like to get to bed earlier...we'll see.Its not a very  sexy promise.
Just before I opened Davids computer,I was heading for the beach. I was going to find a spot to sit and meditate,if I could -the swell is still sweeping to the top of the beach,strong and vociferous and frothy and playful ,mighty.
 I had a dream ,Jude Law was my friend and he had such an overdone tan it was shocking,I said,'you better stay out of the sun,son.' We saw him here last year for real so..
.Its Sunday morning just before 7am.I slept in a big bed with Olivia again,second night not making it back to our home,Rhythm.
I want my toothbrush!!
My parents are here,having arrived on Wed. morning just after Christmas.Philippa had left on Dec.27th. We had a great visit with her.Christmas Day was very chill-not in the Canadian sense,haha,we stayed in and very slowly we opened presents,anticipating a lobster lunch up at Tom Melanie and Roses place.
The lunch was fabulous,they had presents for everyone! We had yummy drinks and happy open and generous hearts.We played the chocolate game! We had lots of fun
We missed our family
WE missed our friends
We arranged one of Keegans rooms right on the ocean for them. We rented the space we had last year for our kids and Jay.   Its a million dollar location with a quaint ghetto ornamentation.(Id just die if the proprietors knew I said this as they are very earnest and hardworking.)  Just paint the place white!  Remove the rugs,have matching cutlery,white plates.....
 So,because of the swell, that locals say has lasted an unusual length of time,David has stayed here,I have mostly been swimming to and fro.  Swimming in! What a trip that is . The dingy has to  transport cloths,food,and landwithout mishap.     Swimming- like yesterday,NewYears Day I had to swim over to do damage control -there was voluminous and multitudinous rain on the eve and we'd left all the hatches open.When I had left,I closed the people sized hatches and locked up but forgot about the potential for rain.I was also worried about my kayak,if it was full of water,I pictured it dragging under and pulling on the anchor.  Oddly,I seemed to be the only one concerned.  So,as I swam out ,I nearly had a heart attack as I became aware of a foreign body in the water,yes a blob I soon began to imagine was a body,it was bobbing,a plastic buoy,personified by many hairlike strands of rope , a pink human coloring ,it was NewYears Day -things turn up , could have been a run- over -by -motor boat- reveler who has yet to never show up for todays brunch??!!     Anyway,it was inanimate and I made it to the boat where there was lots of mopping to do.  The rest were all gathered at Mum and Dads pad. We had a day plan.
We planned to meet after 1pm at the NYDay BBQ over on Friendship Bay. Martha Kellagher and Scott,Melanie Tom and Rose.  
 Ma and Pa;
Joey and I took the bus to pick them up,a small van type and on the way,sitting in the very heat of the back of the bus,looking out to the sea as we swerved and honked and jockeyed for road space I was compelled to shout to the local passengers,'Do you people know how lucky you are to live on this divine island?'   I didn't but,I  do love Bequia.
We've had a fun time,it is disappointing not being able to even have them come out to the boat .Can you believe!? We have the intention to take them south to Mystique,the private island,pretty,with cool bars. We will, we wait for settle winds and surf.
WE had a dinner at our favorite,Fernandos,we had a really fun night with Martha and Scott and Toronto architect Michael,cocktails and dining at wonderful Tante Pearls.We walked down a gnarly path to Princess Margaret beach and got wet shorts as the waves played with us,taunting like an annoying kid who wants too many tickle fights
Im going to the beach
Am I?
Church is in the near future and we desperately need groceries.Town is a long walk or short bus ride away.WE had popcorn,crackers and peanut butter for dinner last night. I just couldn't scrounge up the energy to go get food,or scrape a pasta with shelf food together.I just ate and drank enough to put me to bed.We watched a movie.
I miss our movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment