Friday, January 14, 2011

Cottage Day on Union Island

This is the first day in weeks,where it feels like a rainy day at the cottage.
We left our beloved Bequia 2 days ago.
we realized,that since the new places we saw in the US,we were finally off to places yet unexplored by us!
Heading south with good wind,we approached Mayreau a small island of The Grenadines next to the Tobago Cays. We anchored in Salt Whistle Bay,with northerly swells,Joey and Olivia put in a stern anchor,which also reassured our unenglish, gesturing, very close neighbors. Across the pretty sand beach ,I found a very prototypical beach which was one of the first I felt compelled to film,photograph and send home! So vivacious with the wind,the green only on the land ,the affectionate puppy like indigenous dogs,channeling Sister for me to love. I also had that feeling that I compulsively had to turn back and bring the crew to share this expanse and to watch the extreme kite surfers. I nabbed David and we walked back. We met one of the fit young woman surfing,here chartering a boat from Moscow,"close!" she responded to my Canadian nationality . We met German and French families,both traveling with kids younger than ours for a year each.
Bequia was wonderful. We loved it all over again this year. Feeling like home it was very social and felt like a real holiday.
Mum and Dad were game and we had loads of fun with our new lifelong friends,Tom,Melanie and Rose and our Bequia buddies, Martha and Scott.Dad introduced us to a lovely Swedish family who I won't even dare to attempt to spell here in public. We had a drinks party on the boat and I do believe it was them,however,it could have been Martha and Scott, who brought the first delicious bottle of red wine that Ive had in months,I can print that;it's Santa Rita .Cab.Sauvignon,Medalla Real 2007 yum yum Thank you
NOTE: it's 11:42am and rainy cottage day is over,now the day is windy with a clear sky...for
now,anyway.
On Union island.It's so cool to see the subtle differences in these islands. here,there is a small but charming little center with fruit and veg markets housed in colorful huts. there is a French influence,Joey satisfied a late afternoon craving with bread and imported pate.
I'm looking forward to visiting the organic chocolate factory on Grenada to satisfy my cravings.
So,this feels like the real thing,the adventure begins.
Life ,is not too different,believe it or not. the challenging annoyances of compatibility between us crew is anywhere we go.A work in progress. Rhythm,she, the boat ,and her needling puzzling irritating needs,I want new parts! I want oil ! I want fixing ! I want attention!I'm not working ,Im just not! I want you to take me apart and put me back together! I want another new part! I want you to pay someone else to help me fix me unearth my fundamental needs! you don't KNOW me!
Teen Rhythm we need you,teen Rhythm we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment