Saturday, December 11, 2010

What Day is it?No Land In Sight

It was a damn good thing for mind play to have been forced to wait back there in Virginia.
Not so for the crew people who chose to come ,took time off work all with the assumption of a certain time frame.
Personally,the day we arrived in Hampton from Oyster bay via City island,I was not excited.I felt dread,only if I was swimming down could I imagine this to be my challenge,accomplishment.The Caribbean 1500 group we joined to convoy south with held the reigns,we were waiting .They had a schedule ,talks,happy hours and a pre passage dinner.My ears perked up at the womans forum hearing a number of wives were flying ahead....being too competitive,not wanting to miss out and to set an example for daughter,Olivia,I took on the job as chief ships stores packer and cook..So,after 10 days of husband being the general contractor with all systems in dire need(to be tweaked,spent money upon ,help hired parts ordered etc) ,tools spread everywhere and chorus of,"WHERE IS..."...incessant,(boy that was a test)sons,crew Mark and his good friend Betsey, hovering dutifully,no attitude anywhere near the surface, team work.
Then there was the neighbors,new friends found readily in a common world.King Neptune's subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment