Saturday, December 11, 2010

Rule62

This is how I feel. From the moment we heard on the call in radio while underway,That our good buddies Rule 62 had decided to veer off to The Bahamas I was soo disappointed,What!?! OH!? darn,I wonder why. I realy wanted to celebrate with them here,BVI. We didn't spend any time on the radio chatting,something we have since become more comfortable doing.later,it was explained,we could converse before the time where we each declare our coordinates.So,it wasn't until we were in Soppers hole,Monday night ,happily concluded,that I heard that Rule 62 had a "Man Overboard"
What!?! It drove me crazy.I guess I could have asked on the radio? It was after2am and we were beat,8 days of surreal water travel.I actually took a sleeping pill and went to bed,still at last.
We arrived here at Nanny Cay. I was quite consumed with the shadow of this subterfuge .We celebrated the arrival of Asteroid,Moonshadow. We had mechanics come for the generator and declare more attention needed with a hoist out of the water,a date set.We did lots of launder. We met Jay! I went swimming in the ocean everyday and it was there in that big salty water that my thoughts always returned to Rule62, Debbie,Richard and Laura who I had met. It was hard to be fully victorious feeling the unknown but known of their nightmare .The ultimate fear of every sailor. They were very much with all of us there in party zone ,a tent set up on the beach ,a gathering to recognize each boat with a silver plate.We cheered as the last boat sailed in.We ate and drank hungrily,land ho!We did it hesitantly,with subconscious reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment